5 Life Lessons and Moral Value in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge" Disney Movie (Dead Men Tell No Tales)
Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow
Orlando Bloom as Will Turner
Javier Bardem as Captain Salazar
Kaya Scodelario as Carina Smyth
Geoffrey Rush as Hector Barbossa
Brenton Thwaites as Henry Turner
Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann
1) Most people will abandon you if you have no more use to them, especially if you're poor and left with nothing.
When Jack Sparrow was down on his 'luck' and had no ship or money, his crew abandoned him, leaving him completely alone. Even Master Gibbs, his long-time trusted crew member left him.
The crew only came back to save Jack from execution because they were paid by Henry Turner to do so.
This brings to mind a verse from the Book of Proverbs: "All the brothers of a poor man hate him; How much more do his friends abandon him! He pursues them with words, but they are gone." (Proverbs 19:7 NASB)
2) Blood is thicker than water. Your parents and children will be there for you because they love you for who you are, not for what you have.
This movie celebrated the idea of family and acts of sacrificial love.
Henry Turner studied all about myths and legends of the sea, travelled far and risked his life to break the Flying Dutchman's curse that his father Will Turner was under.
In order to save his daughter Carina Smyth, Barbossa sacrificed his life, leaping off from safety to kill Salazar.
In this world, such acts of love and sacrifice are mostly done between family, not between friends.
3) Sometimes we just have to have faith even when we don't understand what is going on, especially if it's our only option left.
When Barbossa was getting impatient and asking Carina Smyth many questions about the map to the Trident of Poseidon, Henry Turner told Barbossa to trust her even if he didn't understand.
That's good advice. As a horologist and astronomer, Carina was an expert in solving the unreadable map which was in the stars.
Even if she tried explaining to Barbossa, what good would it do? Would he be able to chart the map and get them to the island? Probably not.
There are many such situations in life where we just have to have faith, accepting that we can't know everything.
4) Many people are quick to condemn and shun what they can't understand.
The misogynistic atmosphere was very clear - Most of the men in the movie looked down on women and felt that it wasn't a woman's role to be knowledgeable.
Carina Smyth was condemned as a witch just because she knew more about scientific facts than them.
Then at sea, the men were laughing when Carina said that she was a horologist, just because it sounded like "whore".
It just reflects on their ignorance and childishness.
Men and women are not smarter than each other in general, but I believe it's more about the individual themselves, and it's got nothing to do with gender.
5) Don't underestimate someone who is young. That pride could prove to be a fatal mistake.
When Captain Salazar was alive, he pridefully underestimated young Jack Sparrow, calling him "only a boy" and "tiny like a sparrow".
His pride blinded him to the trap that Jack prepared for him. After being lured into the cursed cave, Salazar and his crew crashed into the sharp rocks below, and perished in the resulting explosion.
It is downright dumb to underestimate someone just because he or she is young. You saw what happened to Salazar. Don't make the same mistake!
I hope you enjoyed reading my post on "5 Life Lessons and Moral Value in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge" Disney Movie (Dead Men Tell No Tales)".
What moral lessons did you take away from this movie? If you haven't watched it, would you want to? Leave a comment below!
Would you be interested in reading the 5 Life Lessons posts of any of the following movies or shows?
- DC's Justice League Movie 2017
- Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok Movie 2017 (Starring Chris Hemsworth)
- Marvel's The Defenders
- Peppa Pig
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Homecoming (Starring Tom Holland)
- Wonder Woman 2017 DC - What Diana Prince the Amazon Princess Teaches Us
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- "13 Reasons Why" on Netflix
- Marvel and Netflix's Iron Fist (2017)
- Disney's "Moana"
- Logan (2017) - aka Wolverine 2017
- The Conjuring 2
- Captain America: Civil War
- The Jungle Book
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay (Part 2)
- The Maze Runner
- The Maze Runner 2: The Scorch Trials
- Attack on Titan
Be blessed and walk in divine favor,
Follow me on Instagram @miltongohblog
Support my blog and earn rewards on Patreon here.
Connect with me on FaceBook here.
Watch my videos on YouTube here.