5 Life Lessons that I Learnt from "Maleficent" (Spoilers Ahead!)
1) Experiencing betrayal can lead a good-natured person astray to the dark side. Therefore, treat others fairly and don't abuse their trust in you.
2) True love does not happen at first sight. It is cultivated over a period of time, and grows after much interact between both parties.
Although Aurora was infatuated with Prince Phillip, he was not her heart's true love. This is one of the twists of the movie - when Prince Phillip kissed the sleeping Aurora and she did not wake up. Whereas Maleficent, who cared for Aurora for 16 years almost like a mother, is revealed to be Aurora's true love. Ironically, Maleficent's kiss freed Aurora from the curse.
3) Talented and gifted people have their flaws, and no person on Earth is good at everything. You have your own unique strengths.
The three good-fairies were entrusted by King Stephen with the very important task of raising Aurora in secrecy, before delivering her back safely to him after her 16th birthday. They failed immediately on the first day when Maleficent discovered the cottage where they lived. Despite possessing powerful magic, they did not have the intelligence and cunning to conceal Aurora's whereabouts.
4) Be intentional and deliberate in the words you say about yourself and others. What you say may really happen and become irreversible.
Maleficent pronounced an irreversible curse on baby Aurora to prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die before the Sun set on her 16th birthday. Initially doing it in order to hurt King Stephen, she regretted her actions after developing a love and friendship with Aurora over the years. She realised that she could not undo the curse even if she wanted to.
5) Help people out of their difficult situations if you are able to. If they are thankful, they will be your loyal ally for a lifetime.
I hope you enjoyed reading my post on 5 Life Lessons that I Learnt from "Maleficent"!
"LIKE" and "SHARE" this post with your friends - i'd be so happy and grateful for that!
Stay tuned for more updates such as this... Follow me on Instagram @miltongoh and connect with me on FaceBook by clicking here. Thanks for reading!
Leave a Reply.
Love this Blog?
Milton Goh's Blog Archives
Hi I’m Milton Goh, I'm 30 years old and i'm a blogger who writes about Christianity, Parenting, Life Lessons that I learn from Movies/Shows, and Lifestyle.